Coronavirus - COVID19
Last Updated: 13 Aug 2020
We’ve had to make some changes to Burscough Racquet & Fitness Centre, to ensure the safety of you and our team. We invite you to read the following code of conduct to better understand these changes before you visit. As government guidance changes, we’ll make sure these are updated to keep you informed.
Gym Code of Conduct
Use of the gym and workout classes will be via pre-booked slots only. You can pre-book your session via the MoreFitness App or your local facility website.
Gym slots will initially be available to book 7 days in advance for a maximum of one hour per member per day. This period includes access time and a 5 min turnaround period at the end of the session. Session times for studio classes will be as per the booking to a maximum of 45 min to allow for changeover and cleaning.
Anyone over the age of 14 years of age can make a booking to use the gym and studio.
Anyone age 12-13 years can make a booking to use the gym and studio, but they must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please do not attend the centre if you or a family member are unwell.
- You must pre-book your session to gain entry.
- Please download the MoreFitness App and use the access barcode to enter the centre to maintain social distancing.
- If you intend to train for less than 1hr we request you attend 5/10 min after the hour entry time to help reduce queue times.
- Please do NOT congregate pre/post workout or turn up early for your session
- Please sanitise/wash hands pre and post workout
- Please bring a pre-filled water bottle with you
During your workout
All members must clean equipment with the sanitising wipes/spray before and after each use. However due to the high contact nature of the free weights areas/Synergy 360 rigs we ask all members to sanitise/wash hands both before and after entering these areas instead.
- No “spotting” in the weight room is permitted
- All members and visitors must maintain social distance rules at all times and follow all instructional signage and requests from the Fitness Team
- Please use the sanitising wipes/spray provided to wipe down equipment, please DO NOT bring a ‘sweat towel’ with you.
- Please leave the gym/class promptly at the end of your session.
- No access to changing facilities and showers is permitted unless stated otherwise on our home page under 'Whats Open' section
- Wash/sanitise your hands immediately after your workout
- We ask that you please wash your workout kit after each visit
Swimming Code of Conduct
Use of the pool will be via booking slots only. You can pre-book your session via the MoreFitness App or your local facility website.
Pool slots will initially be bookable 7 days in advance for a maximum of one hour per member per day, this includes access time and a 5 min turnaround period at the end of the session.
- Please do not attend the facility if you or a family member are unwell.
- Ensure you have a pre-booked session to gain entry.
- Please download the MoreFitness App (if available at your centre) and use the access barcode to reduce contact.
- If you intend to swim for less than 1hr we request, you attend 5/10 min after the hour entry time to help reduce queue times.
- Please do NOT congregate with other customers pre/post swim or turn up too early for your session.
- Please sanitise/wash hands pre and post swim.
- Please come ‘beach ready’ i.e. wearing your costume or swim shorts under your clothes. Changing rooms may not be available at your facility - please visit our homepage to find out if changing rooms are open at Burscough Racquet & Fitness Centre.
- Please bring a bag to store your clothing and belongings which will remain on poolside as lockers will not be available.
- Do not bring any valuables into the centre.
- Please bring a towel to dry off and be prepared to go home in your swim wear and clothes over the top if changing rooms are not available.
- Bring a filled water bottle with you – some facilities may not have refreshments available to purchase.
- Bottles can be left at the end of a lane for rehydration if needed.
During your swim
All members must ensure that you have read and understood the pool operation during this time.
- All members and visitors must always maintain social distance rules and follow all instructional signage and requests from poolside staff.
- Only 10 members will be allowed in a double lane.
- You must swim in the same direction.
- Please do not overtake the person in front of you and remain a good distance behind them.
- Please choose the lane that suits your ability or preference.
- If you need to stop at the end of a lane, please keep near a lane rope so you can avoid swimmers turning at the end of the lane.
- Please do not have more than two people at the end of each lane who are resting and keep at least a 1 metre apart.
- Please ensure you bring your own kick board or float as these will not be available for you at the centre.
- Please keep front crawl leg kick under the surface to avoid splashing the person behind you – you may go faster too!
- Keep an eye of the time and exit the pool with 5 mins to go to the end of your hour session. This will give you time to dry off and move away from the entrance before the next session begins.
- The centre may blow a whistle to let you know you have reached the 5 min marker.
- Please leave the pool promptly by the designated steps at the end of your session.
- Showers may not be available in any area of the building so please plan to shower when you get home.
- If there are no changing rooms available, then please dry off on the deck and if you have a modesty towel then please use this to towel off and re-dress.
- As you leave the facility please wash/sanitise your hands as you go.
- Please follow the exit route that has been marked for you to enable a social distance between customers.
Swimming Lesson Code of Conduct
We’ve made some key changes to our swimming lessons. Below you'll find some essential updates that you should read before you visit us:
- The latest information on your swimming lessons login to the More Academy portal here https://serco.courseprogress.co.uk/. If you have forgotten your password there is an option to reset it on the web page.
- Only one adult should attend with a child, to reduce the number of people in the building.
- Pupils will be required to attend lessons already changed in their swimming costumes. This will avoid the need to use the changing rooms prior to the lesson starting.
- Parents and carers may be asked to attend lessons in the water with younger children (only one adult, per child).
- On arrival, there will be a one-way system in place, directing you and your child to your lesson.
- We have reduced some of our classes sizes to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Swim Teachers will be required to teach from the poolside and maintain social distancing from pupils at all times.
- Lessons will run for 25 minutes to allow for you to access and leave the pool area within the lesson timings.
- We have increased the amount of equipment that the children will use, and this will be cleansed in chlorinated water between each group. The use of inflatable armbands will not be used, and swim discs will replace these if your child requires them for their ability level.
- All pre-school stage 1 children will be required to wear arm discs.
- We may run fewer lessons within the pool at one time to allow for both children and swimming teachers to social distance. This may affect the times we are able to offer customers.
- Lesson times may be staggered, so there may be fewer classes starting and finishing at the same time.
- No other activities will take place in the same pool when lessons are on. This will create the additional space that will be required to accommodate lessons and maintain social distancing requirements.
The safety of you and our team is our priority. Please familiarise yourself with our code of conduct before you arrive.READ MORE
Frequently Asked Questions
We know many of you will have questions about returning to the centre, so we hope you can find the answer here.READ MORE
Coronavirus & Leisure Centres
Learn more about the industry's guidance on leisure centres, answering some Covid-related questions.READ MORE